It is that time of year again where pumpkin is a celebrity and I begin to follow like a loyal fan. I wanted to make a healthier option for my Dunkin Donuts pumpkin munchkin craving, so I made these mini muffins.
To make these pumpkin treats a tad more healthy I simply used organic ingredients like; unbleached flour, coconut oil and organic sugar, but lets be real, while these will satisfy your pumpkin craving, they are still a treat. So remember to be mindful when you pop these little suckers into your mouth!
3 Organic Eggs
2 2/3 Cup Pumpkin puree
2/3 cup Coconut oil
1 Cup Honey
3 1/2 cup Unbleached Flour
1 Cup Organic Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking powder
1 Tbsp Baking soda
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp Nutmeg, ground
1 Tbsp Allspice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mash the bananas and then ad in beaten eggs, oil, pumpkin, and honey.
3. In another bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice.
4. Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture in thirds and stir until just combined.
5. Pour batter into a greased mini muffin pan and bake for 18 min or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
1/3 cup Almond Milk
1. In a dry bowl, mix vanilla and butter (room temperature) together.
2. Pour in sugar and mix into butter mixture.
3. When muffins come out of the oven, add the almond milk slowly and stir.
4. Drip glaze over warm muffins and let cool.