Ask yourself these questions to get a deeper inner knowing of what is going on with your relationship with your body.
- When you are fighting against your body, what is the main emotion that you feel?
- What are you afraid of?
- Are you against your body, because others hurt you when you were thin?
- Can you remember the first person who either: envied, hated, or judged your body and what that made you feel like?
- When was the first time you remember looking at your body and covering it up with FATS: Fear, anger, tension, or shame?
- What was the point that you subconsciously decided that you did not deserve to be thin?
Regardless of where you are in your Weight Loss journey, answering these questions will help you begin to see how your body fat has worked for you, even though it may hurt. Humans tend to stick to what is familiar, even though it may be uncomfortable. Becoming aware of this familiarity, will help break you out of default living and launch you into the place of making new decisions!
After you get the answers to these questions, ask yourself if you are ready to forgive the past and create a new future. If so, create positive affirmations from the answers above and begin to recite them on a daily basis. For example; if you discovered your body fat protected you from rejection, ask yourself, what truly protects you now? This answer could be, your relationship to God. So the new affirmation can be; "God is my armor of protection and I invite divine energy into my life."
For more information on doing the inner work of weight loss check out: A Course in Weight Loss, by Marianne Williamson.