Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Love Pumpkin, but can't tolerate dairy? Solution: Pumpkin Spice Creamer (non-dairy)

I love the fall and living in south Florida, I have had to learn to create that fall feeling through scent and sight, rather than temperature.  I have a crush on anything pumpkin and after seeing this recipe for pumpkin creamer, I had to see if I could make it, just as tasty, without the dairy!

I try to stay away from dairy because of the mucus it creates in the body that can show up as all sorts of symptoms, so I wanted to try making this pumpkin creamer with almond milk instead of milk and cream.  I also like to eat foods that are more whole and not processed, so I sweetened with agave nectar, but if you want to cut those calories down and are a spenda lover, go ahead and use that to taste, instead.  

This blog normally does not post recipes, but rather ideas on how to overcome irrational food cravings.  After I made this non-dairy creamer however, I figured it was totally blog worthy. I hope you enjoy... and happy fall!  


Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer 
(Non-Dairy and Natural)


2 cups Almond Milk (vanilla sweetened)
4 tablespoons organic pumpkin puree 
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Allspice
1 tablespoon Agave Nectar
3 tablespoons Maple Syrup 


Whisk almond milk, pumpkin, agave nectar, syrup, and spices together over medium heat.  When it gets steamy remove from heat. Use a strainer to transfer the cream into a mason jar.  Let it cool down and chill it the refrigerator

Weight Watchers points: 
2 points per 1/3 cup

1 comment:

  1. Serving thousands of retail business accounts, Lollicup® USA is known for its superior product quality and excellent customer service In addition to moving large volumes, we offer our customers stable and very competitive prices on all products Lollicup strives for excellence in customer service and believes in surpassing customer expectations We won t be satisfied until our customers are satisfied!
    Non Dairy Creamer

    ReplyDelete