Do you want to be in that 20% of people that actually look back at year end and say "I did it?" If so, follow these SMART tips in creating your weight loss goals for 2011:
1. Be SPECIFIC
- Set a realistic weight loss goal with the idea of 1 (ONE) pound per week.
- Then realistically look at a calendar and see where one pound a week takes you. "The slower it comes off, the slower it comes back."
- Start with a ten pound or ten week plan.
2. Use Motivating MEASUREMENTS
- Find out how you want to measure your progress and then track it.
- Use: a scale, take body measurements, or how you feel in your clothing, etc. The most important thing is that your measuring process encourages and motivates you.
3. Be ACCOUNTABLE to yourself
- Ask yourself: what is the reason I want to lose weight?
- Lose weight for yourself, let it come from with-in you, not for any other reason. If it is for an outer reason, you may end up giving up and becoming resentful.
- Set up a tracker to track your progress, beginning with a baseline weight.
- Create a Weigh in-Measurement Day: same day every week and make the commitment to be accountable to yourself.
- If these steps seem too complicated, seek professional assistance.…and please feel free to contact LSSHarmony.com for a free phone session!
4. Be REALISTIC
- So many people fail with achieving their goals because they are not realistic.
- Set Realistic goals: one pound a week for 10 weeks may be all the weight you need to loose or just the beginning of your journey, but the more realistic the goal, the more possible it is to know what works for you, what challenges you and where you need to grow.
- Imagine one pound a week from today would mean that by March 21st you could be 10 pounds lighter!
This is the third week of January, are you still on track with your New Year’s Resolutions? It is not too late to start now or to even re-launch your program with a more solid structure. If you have an SMART plan, you can achieve anything you put your mind to!